Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hauling out

The adequan came on Tues. Tess got her first shot that day. She'll get her second shot tomorrow. I worked Tess in the arena a couple times this week. So far all is good.

This morning, I hauled out early. It was nice. A couple of people were out target shooting but it wasn't bad. It is kind of beneficial to trialing because I know my dogs don't care about it. I only worked Tess once but she was tired and hot. We had a big thunderstorm yesterday with a lot of rain. It made it kind of muggy this morning. I think it was worse at dog level than at my level. I was happy with Tess and it sure felt good to get out. I am sure it did felt good to her too.

I worked Brie twice. I wanted to see how close she is to trialing. I started out like I was at a trial. She has an awesome outrun. She took her stop whistle on the fetch and then I had her bring the sheep around me and do a drive away. She handled that well and took her lie downs. We did a flank and a cross drive. Brie did well. It was small cross drive but she did it and it was under control.

On our second work, I walked with Brie driving. I don't think she liked me being that close. It seemed to push her more and I had a harder time keeping her walking straight into the sheep, she kept wanting to flank away from me. Next time, I'll try walking with her but farther away. She did a huge outrun. I want to enter her in some Nursery classes in July. I think she'll be ready if we get out more often that is. If I can haul out twice a week, I'll be happy. It would sure be nice to have my own field. Someday...

No comments:

Post a Comment