Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blog 8

Now that Windows is coming out with Windows 7, the debate is on again that Linux is dead. What do you think? Is there room for both Windows and Linux? And what about Apple?

No, Linux is not dead. I think each OS has its own strengths and weaknesses and that includes Apple. There is room for all three OS’s. All three have been going for years now. Just because Windows 7 seems to have fixed Vista problems does not mean that they can’t all survive.

Personally, I do not like Vista and I hope Windows 7 is better. If Vista’s problems are fixed, I would suspect that some users that jumped ship might come back.

Competition is great on all fronts. Each company gets pushed to come out with something better. However, I don’t think any one of them can deliver a knock out punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment