Friday, March 27, 2009

Sonoma SDT 2009

Trial photos can be found at http://morgen.smugmug.com

The 2009 Sonoma SDT is over. It is a great trial. Lots of wine to win (raffles or placings). If that fails, you can work and get paid in wine. The Milberg's ranch is beautiful and both fields are difficult. The sheep were extremely challenging. It is one of the top trials around the country and I am certainly glad that I got to run in it.

Tess had one of the few perfect outruns and lifts. The fetch was really good until we got to the post. Those darn sheep were not going to go between the judge and me (there was plenty of room) around the post. We finally got them thru but lost all our fetch points in the process. Tess' drive was pretty good. The cross drive was great but, I forgot to give a full flank around the corner and the sheep ended up back by the set out pen. She got them off and back down to the shedding ring but that cost us big time. I only had 45 seconds to get the shed, right after the clock went off the sheep split beautifully.

I ended up scratching the Hill field. It had rained Sat. and I was concerned with Tess' pulled muscle with the steep hill and ravines. I saw too many dogs taking headers when I was scribing for Patrick.

I am already looking forward to next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment