Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Weekly happenings

I finally got to haul the sheep out and work the dogs tonight. It's still a little muddy but not too bad. I am trying to get used to some new whistles. When I was at Suzy's last time she told me that I wasn't blowing my stop whistle properly. That it sounded just like a 'there' whistle. So I have been working on it. They sound right to me but, I am not getting the quick response that I want.

Tess and I are working on slower flanks. Which goes back to the whistle again. I am working on blowing the whistle slower.

Brie did pretty well. I have been using her to separate sheep and load the sheep in the trailer. She is learning that there is a reason to lie down when I tell her to. She seems to enjoy driving now, too.

Saturday both Brie and Tess go to Truckee for chiropractic. Tess sure needs it. It's been really tough finding a good doggy chiropractor. I hope it works out well. It would be nice for Tess to feel good for Sonoma the following weekend.

Sonoma run orders came out today. There's a total of 99 dogs running over the 2 days, 44 and 45 each day on both fields. That's a lot dogs. I have campgrournd reservations at Calistoga. I am not looking forward to 4 dogs in the camper with me but... that's the way it goes. I am really excited about the trial, it should be a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment